Saturday 9 April 2011

Greetings and welcome

Hello people everywhere! Though I doubt many people will actually view this blog, I'm going to try and stick with it anyway.

So, I live in a world of lists. What films I like, what books I have to read, even what homework I have to do. And I would like to share some of these lists with all the world. This will probably end up very opinion based, but I don't really care. I'm mainly focusing on books, films and music, though I may branch off into other things like TV. Yep, I sure love my media.

So to get started, I thought I'd share some of my five favourite things, i.e books, films, albums and tv shows, and also, because I can, directors. So lets get started with books.

(Btw, these are my opnions. I don't really care if you think I'm insane for liking one thing and not liking another. It's just an opinion!! Also, I'm not going to go into detail as to why I like what I like. If people actually want that, then I can do it later. But right now, this is sort of just to get to know me.)

Books:
5. Soul Music by Terry Pratchett
4. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
3. 1984 by George Orwell
2. Peter Pan by J.M Barrie
1. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham

I never realised how many kids books I like! Anway, moving right along...

Films:
5. The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985, dir. Woody Allen)
4. Singin' in the Rain (1952, dir. Gene Kelly & Stanley Donen)
3. The Blues Brothers (1980, dir. John Landis)
2. Corpse Bride (2005, dir. Tim Burton and Mike Johnson)
1. Harold and Maude (1971, dir. Hal Ashby)

So, yeah, that's that! Now for ...

Albums:
5. Strike! - The Baseballs (2009)
4. Made of Bricks - Kate Nash (2007)
3. Americana Deluxe - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (1998)
2. 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day (2009)
1. Help! - The Beatles (1965)

Again, I would like to stress this is an opinion. I don't really want to get replies asking why I picked one album or film or whatever over another.

TV Shows:
5. Pushing Daisies
4. Firefly
3. Dad's Army
2. Blackadder
1. Black Books

And finally (god, I didn't know this would take so long!)

Directors:
5. Terry Gilliam
4. Jean-Pierre Jeunet
3. Alfred Hitchcock
2. Billy Wilder
1. John Landis

For those Burton fans out there, he came in at no.6, just in case you were wondering.


So, that's it for this weeks blog. Hopefully I can get around to doing this at least once a week, but what with yr 12 being a complete bitch, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for reading if you do, live long and prosper! TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment